Today as I am writing this I am sitting in our hotel room of our Marriage Workshop...you know, where he works and I shop ;). And I guess he really wanted to make sure I was doing my fair share because our hotel is RIGHT across the street from the outlet mall.
What a caring husband, right?
And as I'm sitting here there are so many things I want to share with you that I thought I would just do a bullet point list here and please feel free to comment and share with me your ideas on my random thoughts. Here we go:
- Our coffee maker in this hotel room is in the bathroom and I find that completely off-putting. Am I just a germ a phobe or does that eek you guys out too? Just seemed like a horrid place to place items when you could have put it on the desk or the dresser or anywhere other than the bathroom.
- I just have to put this out there that blogging is hard work. Ugh. Sometimes I wonder if it is worth it. Scratch that. Almost all of the time I wonder if it is worth it. I mean, I basically talk to myself here. It stinks sometimes and when I talk about myself I often feel like a narcissist. Nick and I had an interesting discussion this morning that was about my blog. I was telling him how all of these other bloggers do "home tours" of their holiday decorations. I meant to do one at Christmas and didn't and I then I meant to do one at Valentine's and didn't. It wasn't that I forgot or anything but when I took the photos of my decorations in our home they looked so bleh. I thought that they looked super cool and impressive at home but through the camera's eye and then staring back at me from my computer screen they just looked simple and blasé. So my conversation with Nick was I shared this struggle with him and he thought that me sharing my home decorations would be like a "look at me" type of attitude. Which I do sometimes feel like it is but then I feel like blogging in general can feel that way. Which I would never would want to appear that I am doing! I want to be a help and an encouragement or a "I did this in my home and by-golly you can too" kind of girl. So I guess with this question I would love to know...would you have loved to of seen my decorations? Does it seem narcissistic?
- Along those lines I guess the cloudiness of self-doubt has crept in (it always tends to hit me around this time of the year, darn no sun!). But I find myself feeling unable to come up with anything that feels like an original thought to write about or to share or to take photos of and try to make someone's day. So I'm really, really curious guys...what would you like me to write about? More deals I find on the great wide-web? More personal stuff? More homeschool stuff? More recipes? What? Please help your friend out and get me going again with motivation. I would really love to know what you really love to read!
- Since I'm in a hotel room I feel it is only necessary to bring up the question we all wonder...why does hotel art have to be so gosh darn ugly? Ugh. Just horrid.
- Am I the only one who finds it incredibly awkward to work out in the hotel gym? I went down there today and there was a man in there already using the elliptical. Him and I, in dead silence. It was super awkward and weird. With some stranger. I try to put my headphones on and think I am just here for exercise. It's just like at the gym back home. But it's not and it always still feels weird.
So there are my musings this morning from the hotel room here. I hope you all have a great day!
And if you get a chance I would love it if you could answer some of my questions :)